Friday, February 4, 2011

Second-Guesser Fesser Upper

Why in the world do I ALWAYS second guess myself? I do it even for the smallest of things. When I am positive I know something, I look it up just to make sure! All the time. For someone who doesn't really care about being wrong, I sure do care about sounding stupid! This also came up a lot when I was in school. I never wanted to answer questions for fear of being wrong. And probably more than half the time I was actually thinking the correct answer. And then I would immediately think to myself, "Garsh...you're so stupid! Why don't you ever just speak up!?"
I guess because the few times that I DID speak up, I WAS wrong, and then felt really dumb. But what's wrong with being dumb anyway? I obviously know that compared to many people, I am, what you could call dumb, and I know that I will never be finished learning...so what's the big deal? Why do I want to be such a Know-It-All!?

MARCIA, MARCIA, MARCIA!

PS-While writing this blog, I looked up whether or not second-guess really had a dash in it, and also if I spelled Marcia correctly for the context in which I was using it.....even though I was pretty confident that that was how the Brady's spelled it!

laurenthevampireslayer signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers