Saturday, April 3, 2010

Unlearned


I miss learning. I feel like i have unlearned everything I learned in college. I think I need to re-teach myself some important stuff. So I'm just gonna start reading all the Art History books that I kept. They tried to give me $7 to sell this book back. I told them to shove it. And I'm glad I did. I also would like to refresh my Latin. I probably have the least to show for someone who took latin for c. 7 years. I am so ashamed of myself. I let so much knowledge slip between the cracks in my brain. So here I go...off to re-learn all about the didactic paintings of the Dutch.

And then I'm gonna go play Guitar Hero. badly.

laurenthevampireslayer signing off

2 comments:

  1. Hey, huhhuh, huhhuh, Lauren, what's your favorite painting, huhhuh? Someone asked me an annoying question like that about books the other day and it made me so mad and reminded me of people asking you that. Agh...
    The only way you will feel like you aren't losing everything you've ever learned and becoming a dunce is to read (or in your case, also read art and Latin books). The first nine months after college I only read five books, and I started feeling like I was destined to wear a backwards cap and do manual labor. As soon as I started reading regularly again, I started writing again, and most importantly, I started feeling like I was smarter than everyone else again. Yay knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. I also really love when people think that art major and art history major are interchangeable. HIYA! (me kicking them in the face)

    Yeah I think that is true...I have really been doing very little reading lately. Its definitely taken a back burner to TV. But once i get on a schedule with my new job then i can start to set aside days to hang out and catch up on all of my reading, so that i will have time to do it more regularly. And i just started re-reading LotR! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers