Saturday, August 25, 2012

Driving Lessons

So earlier today I had an epiphany while I was driving. It was of something that I have always, always known but it was just made very clear to me in that distinct moment. This (we'll just call it an "epiphany") "epiphany" was just the simple fact that God has the perfect dude picked out for me. Not a perfect dude, but the precise other piece to fit perfectly into my bizarrely shaped puzzle piece. I mean, duh. I have always known that. But there's a huge difference between knowing it and actually being at peace with it. I don't have to stress myself out with looking perfect or being the kind of girl that every guy wants to be with or look at because eventually there will be one person that thinks that way about me and that's all that really matters. But nothing that I do is really going to factor into that. By nothing that I do, I just mean that no book that I read or way that I wear my hair or how nice my legs look is really gonna make that much of a difference if something is meant to happen. It's just going to happen. And it's going to happen at the exact time that it needs to happen and it's going to happen at the exact time that it happens. So I am done worrying. And I am done stressing out (about this particular aspect of my life....baby steps, people!!). But it's not for me to have to finagle ways to be around someone. That's not how it's gonna happen. I don't know when. I don't know how. But I know something's starting right noooowwwwwwww. Not really, but I had to just go ahead and finish those song lyrics. You just gotta go with the flow, you know.

Until then, I am just gonna cross-stitch and write and read and podcast and hopefully get a new stinking job.

Capiche?
Capiche.

laurenthevampireslayer signing off....

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers