Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Drunk on mini eggs...

Howdy-ho, rangers!

It's been quite a while since I've blogged, it seems.
That is no good. No bueno.

What is bueno is that I got to spend the past five days with two of my favorite people on the PLANET! They hail from Brisbane, Australia, and they are one of the sweetest, most gracious and encouraging couples that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing....and fun, to boot! We got to spend a lot of time together on this visit, and I am very grateful for that. Julie ministered at church on Friday night, and it felt a little bit like she had been living inside of my brain. She spoke about Looking Up...and being encouraged. She prayed for everyone that was feeling discouragement in their life at the time. She is always a very powerful speaker, and it was no different this time around. Her words (that night and also in conversations later on) sincerely encouraged me in several aspects of my life.  I realized that I had pretty much given up all hope of my dreams and also had stopped even dreaming at all..because I had convinced myself that nothing would ever come to pass...since none of my previous dreams really have at this point in my life. But I can't give up on my dreams...and that is what this service made me remember.

I also found a new love in custard. Yes, custard. Delicious, warm (or cold), creamy, beautiful custard! I really do need to get back to Australia one of these days. And see more of New Zealand. Maybe go camping there...that would be nice.

In other news...guess who's gonna be free on the weekends and every night from now on?? Yep. THIS GIRL! I got the position that I wanted to move to at work. I am now a zoner and I will be working from 8-5pm Monday through Friday (except for on holidays)! Yipeeeeeee! Super pumped about this...and about actually doing something that I actually like doing within retail!

Oh-and I may just post a different picture affiliated with Harry Potter with every post from now until the new movie comes out (which looks absolutely amazing, may I add!). I'll start with one of my favorite old ones:



Life is good, y'all.
Life is good.

laurenthevampireslayer signing off...

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers