Saturday, January 14, 2012

N.Y.R.


A Room with a View -        

I rather enjoyed this. It is most definitely the first slow British movie that I have ever encountered with a several minute scene composed of three dudes running around a pond stark naked. And I absolutely must include: Although Daniel Day Lewis didn't have the largest role...it was flawless, without a doubt. 
A definite Must-NOT-See for all you British period film naysayers.
                                      
4 out of 5 stakes
  

I found it a bit hard to get into this movie, but about halfway through I realized that it had captured me. I thought it was a beautiful film, although it was extremely slow and long. And there were lighting effects in there that I found to be interesting.
                                     
3.5 out of 5 stakes


Wow. I thought that this movie was painfully good. And by that I mean that it was painful to watch most of the time, but it was ridiculously good. I gotta give it up to Christian Bale--dude knows how to play a crazy person. His acting skills are impeccable. And this is another example of that. Overall I just really liked how the movie was done. The gross, gritty feel of the whole thing. It was excellent.
  
4.25 out of 5 stakes 

Veggie Tales: Lord of the Beans

"Junior Asparagus plays wide-eyed flobbit Toto Baggypants in a charming take on The Lord of the Rings. The adventure begins when Toto inherits a magic bean. Determined to find its purpose, Toto and his friends embark into the realm of Lord Scaryman." I mean...if this isn't the best premise I've ever heard! And it was great! Very clever and funny, as usual. 

5 out of 5 veggies (magic beans, to be exact)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Very good. I really didn't want to watch these movies until I had time to read through the books, but alas...I cannot break my resolution. So it had to be watched. And watched it was. Now I can't wait to watch the American one, because I heard they may have actually done a decent job. This one was great, though. The acting was also very good. It has several hard to watch scenes...so if you can handle that, then I would definitely recommend it. Especially if you like a good murder mystery.

4 out of 5 stakes 


laurenthevampireslayer signing off... 

4 comments:

  1. I love your rating system.

    & the fact that a veggie tales movie was in your queue.

    Good start to a badass resolution, Lern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "British period film naysayers." Thanks for not outright using my name there. And thanks for the heads-up. DUH-LETE.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers