Sunday, April 10, 2011

But Pasted Wings And Foil Rings Do Not An Angel Make

Yeah. All of my titles are gonna be FSF lyrics this week....get over it!

So I guess everyone has struggles with selfishness in their life. I know I do. Over the years I have tried to become less selfish, little by little. Seriously little things at a time...just like sharing things that I usually would not share or going out of my way to do something I usually would just leave be. I really don't want to become more selfish as I get older. Obviously, I would like to do just the opposite.

My roommate and I were talking about something frustrating, which was how sometimes people do not take others into consideration when spending their time. This reeeeallly frustrates me. It's something that I have had to deal with for years. This is just the worst to me...just thinking about yourself, when other people clearly have things that they need to get done or would more rather do.  I mean everyone's got that friend, right? The one who you call to hang out, and then subsequently have to cancel your entire day to hang out with them even though you really only had a few hours to spare. I guess it sounds a little selfish of me too....like I've got all this stuff that I need to do or I would much rather be doing. But I'm talking about when all of this gets abused. When someone constantly moves into your personal time boundaries, and never even thinks anything of it. Because we all have our personal boundaries and I think that we should be aware of them and of other people's around us...and respect them.

So anyway...in saying all of this....Please do not hesitate to let me know if I am ever keeping you from doing other things you need to be doing or if you feel like I am being selfish with your time..haha. I won't be offended. I never want to be that person.

In fact...you can let me know if anything should ever come up that bothers you about me. I'm not big on confrontation, but I can handle being confronted by someone. And maybe if people confront me about things, it will help me in my own struggle with confrontation (sensible-like confrontation, not crazy-like confrontation). I feel like I am a lot better about talking about these kinds of things than I used to be....one good thing that came out of my one romantic relationship...better communication in a relational setting..ha.

I'd like to thank: Bold Font, for playing such an integral part in this blog.

laurenthevampireslayer signing off...

3 comments:

  1. It really bothers me that you cough so much at night. Like, hello, don't you know that I can hear you through the wall? It's a little inconsiderate, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I love this post! I couldn't have said it better myself..and I do not think you are like this AT ALL!! Your genes are Bizette>Serio. haha! (well, in most ways :P) And please let me know if I ever do this..which I don't think I do..but still..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashleigh-Hardy har har!

    Risa-Thanks! Yeah we all have some Serio-types in us (haha just made that up) but I definitely don't think any of us(bloggers) really have a problem with this blog topic! Thank the Lord..and hopefully it will stay like that for our future!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers