Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's Temporary, This Place I'm in......

I figured that I would get in a late late night blog since I didn't blog at all yesterday! 

I just got back from seeing Band of Horses in New Orleans and it was, once again, phenomenal! I love when a band is consistent in being awesome on both recordings and live performances. I saw them a few years ago and it was beautiful, and hearing all of the songs from their newest album tonight was exciting and delightful to my ears! I also love when you can tell that a band really just wants to make sure that you enjoy yourself and have just the funnest time...it really is nice and always makes the experience so much more fun for me.


Song I was most in awe of tonight: Infinite Arms (gah! so freakin good...they jammed that sucker OUT and I loved it!)

Most nostalgic: No One's Gonna Love You (always nostalgic, but always beautiful)

Most fun: Islands on the Coast (fun jam)

Another favorite of the night: Factory (I thought about you and a candy bar)

Favorite encore: Tie between Evening Kitchen (nice and quiet...perfect) and The Funeral (always a good rock out jam)

Ok I'll stop now....I think you understand how awesome it was. That dude's voice just amazes me!

Anywayyssss....I love little quick trips to New Orleans! They are always so funnn! Got to eat lots of yummy yummy yummy food! Theo's (pizza), Stein's Deli, and Juan's Flying Burrito! Mmmmmm. Fooooooddd! Always a fun time in Nola. 

Yes two great shows in two weeks! One down, one to go...Further Seems Forever here I cooommmee!!

"It's coming down outside like I've never even seen before
I fell into some kind of sorry state
But looking back now I think it's finally time for me to laugh about it
Get my things together and find something to say"



laurenthevampireslayer signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers