Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spacier than an Astronaut

So I was just going through Nada Surf's lyrics and writing down all my favorites, but then I realized that they just don't look right sitting here on this white screen...taken out of their homes and away from their melodies. There is something about their lyrics and music together that really is some form of magic. Everything makes so much sense or is clever or is funny or is sad and true. But it all looks kind of lame when plucked out. I find this weird because usually with my favorite bands I can write down all of my favorite lyrics or parts  and it just works. But for some reason that is not working right now, which leads me to believe that I just really love the intricate weaving of lyric and music that they've done. (And by the way. This makes a lot more sense in my head than it could possibly be making on here.) Obviously all music and lyrics go along with each other and make each other sound good, but then there are some times when you just can't separate them. You must appreciate them together, because otherwise it just feels like something is missing. Like they don't really make too much sense when they're apart. And I guess that's what I'm feeling about Nada Surf right now.

Maybe I'm just an idiot and all music is like this and I'm just realizing it.

Or maybe it is just a few who make the magic just so.

Or maybe this is the dumbest blog I have ever written.

Maybe I should just keep confusing thoughts inside my head and away from my blog.

Maybe it is them.

Or maybe it is me.

Or maybe it's Maybelline.


laurenthevampireslayer signing off....

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers