Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time Goes by so....Fastly?

I feel like I have been running to keep up with time this week!
It's probably just because I have been getting in bed around 9 so that I can wake up at 4 every morning...but man! It's like I can't fit in all of my little daily rituals even with a super long afternoon!

I'm kind of proud of myself because I actually ate pretty healthy dinners the past couple of nights without even really meaning to! I think I shall award myself with a milkshake. Just a small one....don't judge me!

I have been feeling a lot today that I need to be trusting God a lot more than I am already. I should trust that he will take care of all of my needs and even a couple of my wants every now and then :) But I think I just need to remember to actually believe that He will provide for me, no matter what. He knows the desires of my heart and He is in control of everything that will ever happen to me. I was pondering all of this on my way to the mailbox and I opened it to find my ACT check waiting for me (which was greatly overdue!)! And I actually laughed out loud to myself. Because that money wasn't a surprise or anything. I knew that it was coming and that I would get it eventually, even thought it was very late. But it just really made me feel that God wanted me to know that He was going to work everything out. And that made me smile.

Something else that makes me smile is the fact that I get to see my sister in less than a week! And my wonderful nieces and nephew and brother in law :D And a BFF right after that!

Now I really can't wait to go and finish my hundred pages for the day in GoT....

So.

laurenthevampireslayer signing off...

7 comments:

  1. #1) Milkshakes are one of the most amazing foods ever invented.
    #2) I LOVE it when that happens! When you're stressed about something... or thinking about something you should probably do more of (like faith) and then he gives you a CLEAR example of it. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3) I want to see the Coombes, too! You'd think Minnesota and Canada would be closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least you get to see some other special people soon! I just wish I was one of them :(

      Delete
  3. oh lauren. that's just what i needed to read. i'm so glad you're my friend & a christian to boot! is that weird? maybe it's more sad than anything. but i AM glad that you could share that with me...because you know i was feeling the same way you were :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not weird at all! I dont really have any christian friends that arent my family. love you too!

      Delete
  4. How funny that all morning that Madonna song was stuck in my head! And I think that everyone should read this post bc I'm sure so many people are in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay ACT money! My teensy little travel fund is happier today.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers