Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Awww....Come OOoooonnnnn!!!

I'm just gonna whine for a minute here.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I wish that I could write music. It really upsets me. Sometimes I try to mess around with Garage Band...but I just don't get it. I don't understand the song writing process I guess...maybe it would help if I played some sort of instrument....yeah---that would probably help. But I don't. And I tried to teach myself to play the piano, but that didn't really work out. I probably would have kept at it...but I have to go over to my parent's house every time I wanted to practice...and that got old real fast :) And I mean...I really like to write (although I don't do it as much as I did in college).  But I still keep my little thought journal where I just write little thoughts composed as poems or prose or just...whatever. It's just feelings and ideas that flowed out of my head onto a paper. And I tried to turn one of them into a song once...but....like I said....I don't know how to write a song! Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

I hope you all read this in the whiniest voice you could ever imagine.


laurenthevampireslayer whining off....

4 comments:

  1. well. you remind me a lot of my friend melissa... and she learned alll that stuff in music theory.. maybe you could take a music theory class..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whine to myself sometimes about not doing more singing....I really believe that someday we WILL have a family band, and we WILL all have a role to play. :) In all seriousness, I really do think you will get to use your writing gift someday. Nic too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is frustrating.

    Here's a thought: find someone who can help you form the discipline of either writing and/or practicing so that it's not a solo effort.

    Periods when I have written with others (and we have a deadline) have often been the most productive seasons for me in writing.

    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    davidloti=davidloti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement and ideas, guys!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a quiet person if you don't know me. But I really have quite a bit to say, actually. I'm silly. I bite my hair. I love stories. I can't really listen to a song I know without singing it. I love laughing. I cry when I laugh.

Followers